Celebration & Education
There are many places in our city to celebrate, reflect on, or be educated about our Catholic faith. I’ve listed below a few of those places and programs that are located in in downtown Toronto.
For Elementary & High School Students – Tutus Tuus (Totally Yours)! A week-long Catholic youth parish program for children and young people in grades 1 to 12 dedicated to sharing the Gospel and promoting the Catholic faith through catechesis, evangelization, Christian witness, and Eucharistic worship.
- Office of Catholic Youth. Located on the U of T campus in the Newman Centre. The OCY has a long tradition of serving young people and youth ministers in the Archdiocese. They provide programs, events and initiatives in order for parishes, schools and the community to live a faith that acts.
- Faith Connections. Faith Connections invites young adults 19-39 to join us for evenings of thought-provoking theological discussions and presentations in a comfortable and relaxed setting – the Duke of York Pub (Bedford and Prince Arthur).
- School of Theology, St Michael’s College, U of T. The School of Theology offers evening and summer courses, as well as holding events open to the community.
- St Michael’s Cathedral. The Cathedral is the principal church of Canada’s largest English-speaking Catholic archdiocese, and a sanctuary of quiet prayer in the midst of the city’s busy sidewalks and streets. Archbishop Collins’ regularly has lectio divina (divine reading) – a time to study, ponder, listen and, pray.
- Parish-based Lectures / Community Action. Many parishes in our downtown community offer regular programming that inform and engage, as well as opportunities to work with those in need in the community. These downtown parishes have websites which provide more details –
- Daughters of St. Paul Bookstore. For over 75 years Pauline Books has been a vital part of the mission of the Daughters of St. Paul in North America. The Toronto bookstore is located at 3022 Dufferin St., Toronto, ON M6B 3T5, 416.781.9131, Hours: 10:00-18:00 (Mon. to Sat.)
- Churches with Eucharistic Adoration